VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
September 2, 2020 – 7:00 PM
REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Meeting Held at Elmwood Village Hall
The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Chairperson Miki Bruns called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted. Roll Call was answered by Pat Wray, Becky Kicak, David Ernst, Miki Bruns
Kicak made a motion, seconded by Ernst to approve the August 19, 2020 Minutes. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 4-0.
Wray made a motion, seconded by Kicak to approve the Claims and Payroll for the town and Library. Claims: ADP $2,133.06, Cass County Refuse $65.00, Elmwood Convenience Store $31.33, OPPD $3,397.90, Safeguard Business Systems $110.62, Utilities Section $452.00, Windstream $275.76, Payroll $3,032.00 RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 4-0
Discussion/Action Oath of Office
Jared Blunt read his oath to the board and was sworn in. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 4-0
Discussion/Action Village Budget – Michael Hobeck
Discussion was brought up about the Library raising their budget. Michael went over the previous budget and the projected budget. Budget Approval will happen at the next meeting.
Discussion/Action Ordinance No. (Curb Cut)
Tabled-Pending Board Changes
Discussion Old Office Lease
Bruns let the Board know that the Lawyer said the lease needs to be strict with the property expectations and it needs to be put up for Public bids either live or sealed. The board will think about what restrictions will be added to the lease. Looking into the State Statue on this topic.
Discussion/Action Resolution No. 09088080 -Dept. of Transportation
Tabled – Pending JEO’s response
Discussion/Action Training class for Moriah
Moriah presented 2 different courses that she could benefit from for her position as Clerk/Treasurer. Kicak made a motion, second by Blunt to approve training for October 13th – 14th. RCV: Yes. All. 5-0 Ernst made a motion, second by Kicak to attend a continuing education course. RCV: Yes. All. 5-0
Discussion Addressing properties that have storage containers
Bruns let the board know letters went out to the people that are grandfathered in that have metal storage containers on their properties. The letter addressed that if they move or replace the container that they will need a permit to do so.
Discussion/Action Easement for CCEMA’s Generator
CCEMA put a generator by the tower and will need a gas line ran to the generator. Black Hills will split the gas line that goes to the water tower and add a meter/regulator for CCEMA to have their own line. This is no cost to the town and CCEMA will cover the cost.
Discussion/Action New metal shelving for storage
We need to add shelving to store boxes on. Moriah found shelving that she presented to the board. Kicak made a motion, second by Wray to allow Moriah to purchase 2 big or 3 small racks costing around $200. RCV: Yes. All. 5-0
Discussion/Action What to do with the furniture we are not moving
We will see what furniture is left after the move and decide further when the time comes to renting out the office space.
Discussion/Action Library Budget
Not here to present further information.
Discussion Street Project
Wrapping up the final touches on West E Street. They will be opening West E Street Friday. They hope to begin paving East E Street after Labor Day pending any weather delays.
Discussion/Action on bids for the 1994 pump replacement/repairs
Tabled – Pending Bid from Sargant Drilling
Discussion/Action Switching Payroll Companies
Motion made by Kicak to cancel ADP & switch to Mary’s Tax Services for payroll. Second by Blunt. RCV: Yes: All. 5-0
Discussion/Action drop box at new office
Tabled – Moriah needs to talk to Kurk on where we can place the drop box.
Reports of Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Park: Jeff will spray the weeds next to the fence and on the trail.
Streets: Jeff will be trimming some branches so that the stop sign is visible on D St. Siren Company can’t prove that it wasn’t working because of lightning strike so that bill will be paid by the Village.
Water: Moriah will check out grant availability to switch our system over to radio reads.
Sewer: Jeff needs to get registered for training courses.
Planning/Zoning: Meeting September 21,2020 @ 7pm located at new office.
Future Agenda Items:
Amend the Budget 2019-2020
1% increase Budget 2020-2021
Ordinance for Curb Cut
Resolution for Curb Cut Fee
New Office Lease
1994 Pump at water Plant
New office drop box
Meeting adjourned at 8:31pm.